Monday, January 23, 2012

It's a Sad Way to Wake Up

After a crazy night here in Tennessee, waking up to hear of damage back in my home state of Alabama makes me sad. The weather is no joke folks. We can't control it, but God gave us enough sense to be prepared. Even though I wasn't at home last April, I know now to have tennis shoes, a driver's license or some form of valid ID, a little cash, and some first aid supplies on my person when that siren goes off. My husband doesn't even roll his eyes at me when I say "Have you got your tennis shoes and socks?" He just goes back and gets them. He certainly didn't hesitate to put them on last night when we heard a loud whirring noise and watched our friend nearly get pulled out of the door when she opened it. We don't take chances here, so despite there being no siren, seven of us made our way in the pouring rain and strong wind down to the Orchard's storm shelter. What proceeded to follow was lots of laughter, discussion of how we would get out if we were trapped, and a 4-year-old being so scared he had to "go to bafroom" every five minutes (in a bucket). Nothing happened, and chances are it probably was just some straight line winds, but you never know. My motto has, is and always will be "better safe than sorry" when it comes to weather. Stay safe and be prepared y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment